Take a look at MDEQ interactive map and sampling locations
General Spill Information
Below you can find a list of informative links that may help guide you through the NRDA process. MDEQ has a host of federal and state partners they work with on a regular basis that can also help provide you with more information.
For general information regarding the spill and the NRDA process, please check out the list of publications in case they help answer any questions you have.
Individual Assistance and Information
- To apply for or to learn about federal disaster assistance programs for individuals and businesses (such as business disaster loans, temporary assistance for needy families, and unemployment insurance) click here.
- Individuals and businesses can make a claim against BP through an independent claims process. The Gulf Coast Claims Facility ("GCCF") is the official way for Individuals and Businesses to file claims for costs and damages incurred as a result of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. For more information on filing such a claim, click here.
- If BP denies a claim or the claim goes unsettled for 90 days, you can apply for a claim with the National Pollution Fund by clicking here.
- To discuss spill-related damage claims, please call (800) 440-0858.
- To view MDEQs interactive map of sampling locations, click here.
- To view MDEQs sampling reports, public information and additional links, click here.
- To view BP’s response efforts in Mississippi, click here.
- For information on the response effort of the United States government and other useful contact information, click here.
- For information about response efforts from the governor’s office, click here.
Advisory's and Stranding's
- For information on water closures, beach advisories, boating, fishing, and seafood safety, click here.
- For information on fishing closures in federal waters, click here.
- For information and news on the latest sea turtle and marine mammal strandings, click here.
- To view U.S. Environmental Protection Agency dispersant information and updates, click here.
- To report oiled or injured wildlife, please call (866) 557-1401.
- To report stranded dolphins or sea turtles, please call (888) 767-3657.
- To report stranded marine mammals, please call (888) 806-1674.
- To register as consultant, contractor or vendor, please call (281) 366-5511
- Community Information Line 1-866-448-5816